A plethora of exciting fights this weekend. Jackson’s/Winkeljohn’s MMA cornered five fighters at UFC 152 and four more New Mexicans made it to the KOTC – Heavy Duty in Oklahoma. Cub Swanson scored a fight bonus ($65,000) with a knock out of the night over Charles Oliveira. Jon Jones also scored submission of the night ($65,000) with a beautiful Americana against Vitor Belfort.
The Eviva Productions card that was originally scheduled for The Pit but found a new home at the Pueblo Pavilion in Santa Fe. Archie Ray Marquez was scheduled to be the main event as a warm up for his upcoming HBO bout with Mikey Faragon.
Despite not having the notable local in Marquez the card still provided plenty of fireworks.
We will update this page when we find links to the local fights.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Jon Jones def. Vitor Belfort via submission (Americana) – Round 4, 0:54 – to retain UFC light-heavyweight title
- Demetrious Johnson def. Joseph Benavidez via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 49-46) – to become inaugural flyweight champion
- Michael Bisping def. Brian Stann via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Matt Hamill def. Roger Hollett via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Cub Swanson def. Charles Oliveira via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:40
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Vinny Magalhaes def. Igor Pokrajac via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 1:14
- T.J. Grant def. Evan Dunham via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Sean Pierson def. Lance Benoist via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marcus Brimage def. Jimy Hettes via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Seth Baczynski def. Simeon Thoresen via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 4:10
- Mitch Gagnon def. Walel Watson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:09
- Kyle Noke def. Charlie Brenneman via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:45
King of the Cage (KOTC) – Heavy Duty Results (Oklahoma)
- Timothy Sosa (FIT NHB) def. Todd Hess via 1st rd TKO 2:58 to claim amateur flyweight title
- Dustin Freeman def. Charles Williams via 1st rd RNC
- Justin Robbins def. Gerald Lovato via 2nd rd KO at 1:38
- Cody East def. Kinney Spotwood via 1st rd RNC at 1:15
Eviva Productions Boxing at the Pueblo Pavilion in Santa Fe (Boxing)
- Raymond Montes vs Tony Valdez – Majority Draw 57-57(2), 58-56 Montes
- Max Heyman def. Chris Thomas via UD 58-53(3)
- Adrian Lopez def. Rocky Ramirez MD 39-37(2). 38-38
- Antonio Martinez vs Angelo Sanchez- Draw 38-38(2), 39-37 Sanchez
- David Castillo def. Brian Garcia via UD 40-36(3)
- Henry Anaya III def. Manuel Eastman MD 39-36, 38-37, 37-37
- Amanda Crespin def. Raquel Olivas via 1st rd TKO 00:33
Jones vs Belfort Highlights: